self management uk is the UK’s leading charity in self-management education, training and support.
We work with patients, carers, healthcare professionals, clinicians and commissioners, to provide appropriate self-management training for those living with long-term health condition(s).
Training is delivered by peer facilitators, who either have a long-term condition or look after someone who has. Our tutors have been through a self-management course and have volunteered to be tutors in order to share the life-changing benefits of self-management training, By engaging volunteers, our programmes have a wider impact on local communities.
- To help those living with long-term conditions to better manage their condition and improve their health and wellbeing
- To engage healthcare professionals and commissioners to deliver and promote self-management
- To promote self-management among opinion leaders, policy makers and the government
- To develop innovative and cost-effective ways to deliver self-management interventions to meet commissioners’ budgets and local health population needs
Our self-management services include:
- Planning self-management support to meet local needs
- Flexible and innovative services across a range of channels
- Fostering a self-management culture among patients, healthcare professionals and local communities
- Community engagement
- Evidence-based practice
- Empowering patients to become active self-managers